We Celebrate World Mental Health Day’s 25th anniversary by talking about mental health in the workplace and taking the opportunity to spread the word about the workplace rules for happy life.
World Mental Health Day is organised by the World Federation for Mental Health and observed in October every year, with a view towards shining a light on mental health issues across the globe and inspiring conversation and collaboration in support of mental health. This October 10th marks its 25th anniversary, and all over the world, it has become a regenerative day of reflection for all those seeking progress on mental health issues.
This year’s theme, is ‘mental health in the workplace.’ The World Federation for Mental Health has released a report to start the discussion on how we can define best practice in promoting mental health in the workplace. So what better way to raise awareness about mental health than to talk about it at work.
So, here are 10 work place rules for a happy life;
- Trust no one but respect everyone.
- What happens in office, remains in the office. Never take office gossips to home and vice versa.
- Enter office on time, leave on time.
- Never make Relationships in the work place. Most times it always backfire.
- Expect nothing. If somebody helps, feel thankful. If not, you will learn to know things on your own.
- Never rush for position. If you get promoted, congrats. If not, it doesn’t matter. You will always be remembered for your knowledge and politeness, not for your designation.
- Never run behind office stuff. You have better things to do in life.
- Avoid taking everything on your ego. Your salary matters. You are being paid. Use your assets to get happiness.
- It doesn’t matter how people treat you. Be humble. You are not everyone’s cup of tea.
- In the end nothing matters except family, friends, home, and inner peace.
For more, visit: http://www.who.int/