We spend approximately one third of our adult life at work. Thus it is common to pick up habits there and unfortunately not only the good ones. While we are doing our best to meet the workplace requirements we often forget about our own well-being. But our commitment to work and top performance should not blind us from seeing the negative consequences of neglecting our own health.
If you keep reading, you will find the most common habits picked up at one’s workplace and maybe realize that you have picked up some, too.
1. Bad posture is one of the most common unhealthy habits picked up by office workers. It causes various back-related problems, neck and lower back tension etc.
2. Staring at the screen for too long can lower the flexibility of your eyes’ lenses. It can also dry-out your eyes (and even cause redness), because when being focused, we don’t blink often enough.
3. Checking notifications on your smartphone. It’s a bad distraction, especially when you have to meet a deadline. But doing it at a meeting or while talking to someone is also rude.
4. Skipping meals – there’s no excuse (like lack of time) for it! Irregular and unbalanced meals can cause diabetes, obesity, lack of energy etc.
5. Yelling for no reason doesn’t do any good to anyone. It increases the stress level in your body as well as it usually negatively affects people that are being yelled at and anyone around them.
We’ve made this list hoping to change such attitude and help everyone increase their workplace well-being and overall health.