On my way to work, I thought of how easy and calmly I could work from home. I said to myself, my job is flexible; I can easily work from home and get more result than going to the office and having to face a life consuming traffic in the morning and at night.
Well! I am a big fan of working from home since I was a kid but now that I am older, I go to the office on a daily basis. I found out that when I work from home I’m able to get a lot more accomplished than when I work at the office. As I continued musing, I found out that there are a lot of reasons and benefits why employers should let their employees work from home.
- They’ll waste less time commuting: Cutting out a commute can be both a huge morale booster and a huge time saver. Employees will also waste less money on fueling or public transportation. You can imagine your staff coming from Ipaja-Ayobo and going to the island every day. Even if you have a car, you would spend more time on the road and a little at work and then more time on the road going back home.
- They’ll be more productive: Employees who work from home are more productive compared with their in-office counterparts. This is because they will feel more relaxed at home and less distracted.
- They’ll be happier: Everyone seems to be talking about work-life balance these days. Sincerely, I am one of them. There’s no better way to improve the work-life balance of your employees than to let them work from home as they will not have to come ask you for leave permit.
- It’s easier than ever: You can be connected to the office every minute of every day if you want to, thanks to the internet and the telephone. The concept of working from home might have seemed outlandish 20 years ago, but this is the 21st century.
- You won’t have to pay for office space: Working from home means either no office or at the very least, a lot less office space. If you don’t want to make the switch to a completely remote environment, try staggering your employees’ work-from-home days to save on office space
- You won’t have to pay for office supplies: No one likes doing bulk orders for office supplies. By having employees work from home, you can cut out a lot of these expenditures.
- No more wasting time on meetings: Remember the productivity thing? Well, a lot of that comes from cutting all the unnecessary meetings and other time wasters that are ubiquitous in an office environment.
- You can hire the best, no matter where they are: No office means the ability to work with anyone in the world. Freelance networks like fiverr have capitalized on this concept by connecting top companies with the very best software developers from all around the world.
- Your employees will be less likely to quit: Working from home makes employees happier. Happy employees don’t quit.