Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian business tycoon billionaire, Mike Adunuga:
1. Michael Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola Adenuga Jr was born on 29 April 1953 in Ibadan, Nigeria. He is a father of 7 children.
2. His mother, Juliana Oyindamola Adenuga was a businesswoman and a royal Ijebu descent. His father, Oloye Michael Agbolade Adenuga was a school teacher.
3. He completed his secondary school at the Ibadan Grammar School in Ibadan, Nigeria.
4. To fund his university education, he worked as a taxi driver.
5. He holds a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from the Northwestern Oklahoma State University and Pace University.
6. He is the founder of Globacom, which is Nigeria’s second-largest telecommunications operator and is the chairman of Conoil.
7. In August 2007, he was named African Entrepreneur of the Year at the maiden African Telecommunications Awards.
8. He was appointed as the Grand Commander of the Order of Niger in 2012. He was also presented with the GCON Merit Award at the 2012 National Honours Awards in Abuja.
9. Forbes listed him in 2015, as the second wealthiest Nigerian after Aliko Dangote and the sixth richest person in Africa.
10. In May 2015, he made a takeover bid to purchase Ivorian mobile telecommunications operator Comium Côte d’Ivoire for $600 million.